Feeling Overwhelmed? TRY THESE EIGHT SIMPLE STRATEGIES TO USE WHEN YOU ARE FEELING STRESSED
Updated: Apr 29, 2020
Hey I hear you sis, both stress levels and anxiety levels are HIGH right now, but I promise you can put some simple strategies into play that will help you reduce those feelings.
1. MOVE YOUR BODY! I say it all the time. Exercise is one of the most important things you can do to combat stress.
2. GET SOME SLEEP GIRL! Being able to shut it all off and reset is a perfect way to decompress.
3. One of my favorites - SPEND SOME TIME WITH YOUR BFB! (Your best fur baby). Spending time with your pet may help reduce stress and improve your mood, plus they keep you active and provide great companionship — something we can all use right now.
4. JUST SAY NO. Not all stressors are within your control, but some are. Take control over the parts of your life that you can change and are causing you stress. One way to do this may be to say "no" more often.
5. SLOW DOWN ON THE CAFFEINE! If you notice that caffeine makes you jittery or anxious, consider cutting back.
6. USE YOUR ONLINE RESOURCES - take advantage of technology! Use the app ZOOM or Facetime to reach out to friends and family. Use a streaming option or YouTube for yoga videos, mediation or deep breathing techniques, or to play some soothing music.
7. GET LIT! Light your favorite soothing candle for a little aromatherapy to help reduce your feelings of stress and anxiety.
8. SHOW YOUR GRATITUDE. Keeping a journal can help relieve stress and anxiety, especially if you focus on the positives. Start your day by writing down 5 things you are grateful for.
It's super important that when you are feeling stressed or anxious you give yourself a little love, a little forgiveness, and a little time to process those feelings.
So, what is your favorite calming thing to do when you are feeling stressed or anxious?