How to Get Your [Fitness] Groove BackSep 12, 2021
We all know the benefits regular exercising does to help improve our overall health.
So let’s talk about how to get yourself back into the game if you’ve been out of it for a while.
Did you stop due to lack of time? Then look for other ways to move your body throughout the day then a single 60 minute session.
Bored? Maybe it’s time to look for something new and exciting. Do you have a bucket list item? Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try something new. We’ve all been beginners at some point.
Lack of energy? Maybe you need to change up when you workout so you are cashing in on when you feel most energized in your day.
A specific schedule. That’s right, I want you to schedule your workouts. Pull out your calendar and write down what time you’ll be moving your body, where you will do, and what you’ll be doing. Example: 9 am at the park 3 mile walk. And just like any other appointment - you can’t forget it, skip it, or cancel it!
Find joy in marking your workout as completed!! I don't know about you, but I love checking items off my to-do list. And my workout is always at the top of my to-do list ready to be be checked off!
- Have a specific reason WHY! Why are you doing this? WHY is putting your health front and center important to YOU. Having a strong, clear reason why can be a great motivator on days when you just aren’t feeling it!
- Put a specific reward system into practice. Let’s be honest we don’t do anything without getting a reward at the end. Work - your reward is money. Make healthy choices - your reward is feeling energized. Complete 10 workouts - maybe your reward is a relaxing pedicure, a new book, or a new pair of workout leggings. It’s okay to reward yourself! Be specific when it comes to the reward expectations and most importantly follow through on celebrating your success!!
- Start off small and build up. If your goal is 30 minutes a day but you aren’t on that level yet or you're short on time, break it into smaller more manageable segments. Do three 10 minute sessions throughout the day.
- Ask a friend to hold you accountable! Even if they can’t workout with you - make it an expectation that you will text them after you’ve completed your workout as a form of accountability.
- Expect more out of yourself. Ditch the excuses and put yourself at the top of list guilt free!! Not only is your physical health important so is your mental health. We saw what happened when Stella got her groove back - don’t you deserve to get back into your personal groove of feeling and looking your best?
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.